Thursday, October 13, 2011

Love Hate Relationship...

I have been 
not so fond 
of the thrift stores lately.
The prices they put on some things
are ridiculous!
And...
it's usually not until 
after 
I get home that I think
"That should have been $1 not $10!"
Sometimes I just get 
so caught up in the 
thrill of the hunt frenzy
that I don't use my thinking cap.
But...
today my relationship was a "love" one.

I found this little gem in the
 "coveted collectables"
 locked glass cabinets...



I will gladly pay $5 for this!
It is a candle 
that has (thankfully) never been lit. 
You can't really tell in the picture but 
it is BIG...
just under a foot tall!!!
I saw it from a distance and tried not to act too excited 
 (as there was a grumpy old man
who looked like an antiques dealer 
standing right in front of the case eyeing it)

I knew I had found something great
when said grumpy old antiques dealer man 
kept showing up 
creepily behind me 
throughout the store.
(I'm pretty sure he was trying to subliminally will me to set it down)

My faith in the thrift store was restored...
for today at least :)

Oh, and by the way...
Dear thrift store,
having chipped dishes, raggy haired porcelain dolls and scratched dvd's 
locked up behind glass
as if they're precious heirlooms
 is a little over the top.
I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment