Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Off they go...


Today was bittersweet.
It has been a loooong summer
and I have grown weary of entertaining my children.
I have literally been counting down the days
until school starts.
But today was a little sad...
our kids are getting old
FAST...

Dre started his last year of high school...
wet head..oh well

Christian started junior high...

Sibley started 6th grade...

Blythe started 4th...

AND...

our baby Smith started 1st grade...

Here is where my bittersweet issue lay...
I dropped all my kids off at school.
First time in 17 years that I haven't 
had at least one baby home with me.
I thought I was good until 
I walked out of the school
ALONE...
Got into the car without having to buckle up
ANYONE...
Drove quietly home without a million questions being asked 
AT THE SAME TIME... 
and
Walked into a completely
VOID OF CHILDREN and SILENT house...
there is where I had a teenie melt down.
I spent the rest of the day in a fog of being "lost."
At 3:30 when the school bell rang,
all the kids jumped into the car
and 
within 6 seconds flat 
the whining and the "she's sitting to close to me" began...
 the fog miraculously lifted and I remembered
having a WHOLE day to yourself 
is a GOOD THING...




No comments:

Post a Comment