Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm officially old...


I had an eye appointment today.
I was WAAAY past due for new contacts.
I had been wearing my "2 week" contacts for about "2 months."
I know, I know....
I told the optometrist
that I wasn't seeing so clear lately. 
He took one look in my eyes
and said...
"well I'll tell you why you can't see, you have cataracts"
UHHHHHH, EXCUSE ME??????
Only really old people get cataracts right?
My 85 year old Grandma had cataract surgery right?
I'm in my thirties!!!
(for 2 more days)
Well...
you know when "they" say something like
1 in 5000 may experience this or that
Well...
I'm the 1
Lucky ducky!
And they're so bad that he told me 
 I shouldn't drive
because
I could be a danger to others on the road!
UHHHHHH, EXCUSE ME??????

So...
I'm getting surgery in a few weeks
I officially feel old
(and I'm still in my thirties...for 2 more days)

No comments:

Post a Comment